Thursday, December 8, 2011
Cambrie Sky Baum
Cambrie Sky Baum was born 11-11-11 at 4:50pm. She weighed 7lbs and she was 19inches long. The morning of 11-11 I got a call from the hospital at 8:30, they told me to check in for my induction at 9:30. Skylar and I loaded the kids up and headed for AF. We dropped them off at my moms and went to the hospital. They had me undress and get on the bed so fast. We were only there 15mins and I was already getting my IV. The baby had a really fast heart rate 170’s. They want the baby to stay around 130. They didn’t want to start me on pitocin till her heart rate was down. So we sat around and waited. My Dr Kari Lawrence (the best OBGYN ever) came in and broke my water around 11:30 and started me on pitocin. At that point the baby’s heart rate had been normal for about 30-45mins. The nurse asked me if I wanted my epidural. Wow things have changed since I had Bailey 7years ago… They didn’t let me get my epidural with her till I was dilated further and closer to delivery. They also didn’t let me eat or drink anything! This time around I could drink, eat popsicles, any clear liquids.. amazing! I wasn’t in pain and didn’t need the epidural yet but she told me that the nurse anesthetist had to go do a c-section so I either got it now or waited until he was done.. I opted to go ahead and have it. By then my contractions were regular and every time I had one I needed to pee. It was annoying so I really just wanted the catheter. Everything was smooth sailing from there. At 3:30 I was dilated to a 4 and by 4:15 I felt like I needed to push.. They checked me out and I was fully dilated and ready to go. I called my mom to come over and we waited for the Dr to get there. I pushed for about 10mins or so and then she was here! She came out so blue it was scary, I kept asking if she was ok because she wasn’t crying.. They kept reassuring me she was fine and breathing. They suctioned her out and then she cried for a split second. Dr Lawrence showed me her cord.. She had a true knot, It was crazy, Im glad she was ok. My mother in law mentioned that Cambrie looked so content like she was just so happy to be here. After having Cambrie for a month now I agree, Cambrie never cries only to take a bath and that’s because she is so little she gets cold. I keep waiting for the purple crying to start which usually starts at two weeks. Cambrie has yet to hit that stage. Maybe we got a happy baby this time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment