Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun



I tried to get a descent picture of my kids in their pretty Easter dresses this year but failed. I took this one outside right before church. Bailey was mad at me because her dress didn't have sleeves. (do they teach them that at church this young? Maybe she thought she was going to get made fun of?) Kinley on the other hand was very happy at this point in the day.
I tried again at church for a cute picture, Now Bailey is happy and Kinley is not!






After church Our home teacher stopped by with his kids. He brought their Easter chicks, they were so cute. This is a picture of one of their cute kids. Kinley and her don't get along......yet, her name is Hope and I am partial to her. I think its because she reminds me of Bailey as a baby. She looks alot like Bailey. She has thinned out a ton since she started walking, but she used to look really chunky like Bailey. Anyway I swear she is filled with air. I was holding them both in nursery because they both wanted me (I am the funnest teacher you know!) and I swear Kinley has to weigh the same if not more than her.




I gave Kinley a boiled egg and stickers. I thought she could join in on the Easter-egg coloring fun! She sure didn't put stickers on her egg. she cracked it and was eating it, shells and all! So I decided to just peel one for her and let her eat while we colored eggs.

Easter morning, The kids found their baskets, Bailey was surprised to find out the Easter bunny left us a special treat this year! He hopped up on the table to eat some carrots we left him, and when he hopped off, he accidentally pooped on our floor! Can you believe that? Kinley found her basket and went straight for the candy of coarse. She can open anything when she is determined enough!

This is my nieces and nephews. The three oldest Makaylan, Dakota (twins) and Shae. On the couch we have my two stinks, and then Oakley, Tristan, Kaitlin, And Braxton. We all got together for Easter dinner and a Easter egg hunt. It was really fun! I love watching these kids play together, even the older ones chase them around. I am so thankful for my big family, and I am so happy we are as close as we are. (Sometimes being close is hard) but I wouldn't change it for the world. Bailey is her happiest when we are together!
I know most everyone takes a look at their blessings on thanksgiving and Christmas. But this year I thought the most about my blessings on Easter. I have two amazing daughters, a hard working hubby, I grew up in Utah knowing the church, I feel safe in my neighbor hood, I trust my neighbors, I have the greatest mom and mother in law, who both teach me different things I need to know. I love my job! I love working part time it gives me time to associate with adults, and just enough time to miss my kids, so when I get home I am excited to play with them! I could really go on and on because I am in a thankful mood but I'll save it for later. Tomorrow my sister in law Stacey is getting married in the Mt Timp Temple ,and I am so blessed (there I go again!) to get to witness it. So I'll blog about her wedding soon!

No comments: