Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tucker James Ferguson


April 27Th 2009 6lbs 11oz, 19inches long


The happy parents after 11hours of labor and over an hour of pushing. Darcy went into labor at 3:00pm Sunday afternoon. She didn't think she was in labor, her back was killing her and she thought she was constipated. My mom finally told her to go get checked. When she got to the hospital she was having a contraction every minute. The nurse accused her of taking some kind of herb that makes you go into labor. She asked Darcy three times if she had taken this herb. Of coarse Darcy hadn't we didn't even know what the nurse was talking about. rewind to earlier that day... Darcy told me she thought her water had broke. I have had my water break with both my kids so I asked her what made her think that. She told me she needed to pee and was sitting there trying to and she felt a gush. She did not know if she finally peed or if her water broke. Now With Bailey my water broke and it was just like the movies water everywhere. With Kinley my water broke and it was a continuous trickle I changed my pants put on a maxi pad and went to the hospital while I was walking in water was trickling down my leg... When I walked in at 11:00pm the security guard saw me walking like I wet myself and didn't even make me check in.... Hes like "just go!" So anyway I told Darcy I didn't think her water broke because she had a little gush like how much you would normally pee and she didn't have anymore. I was wrong I am a bad sister I am so glad she started having contractions 3hours later. I guess the baby dropped down and clogged up her leak so that's why there was no gush nor continuous trickling. So anyway back to how Tucker boy was born. I had family dinner that night and my mom called me at 5:30 she told me Darcy had gone into labor so I said cianara to my family and went to the hospital. My mom then left to Darcy's house in Orem to get her camera. They had all ready given her the epidural when I arrived so they started to put the catheter in. While they were doing that the babies heart rate when way down and Darcy's blood pressure sky rocketed she then started shivering so bad. I was freaking out on the inside because my mom wasn't with us and I didn't want anything to go wrong. After turning Darcy to the side and turning down the drip all was fine. Darcy pushed for a long time and at one point my mom asked me to take a turn holding her leg so I went over there grabbed her leg and instantly got really nauseous. I started to get light headed and thought I was going to puke! I made my mom take back over and went back to my happy little corner to observe from afar! I could never be a crotch doctor I'll tell you that much. I am not scared of blood, guts, bones, poop (after all I am a mother) Puke, or anything that involves the human body, but crotches make me sick to my stomach! When they pulled Tucker out, He was blue and it was scary for a minute. Seconds seemed like minutes, while they were trying to get him to cry. He finally pinked up and I was so relieved. It was so amazing in the end to be there and experience birth from a different angle.




here is me holding Tucker at 2:30 in the morning after being up all day and all night so exhausted but worth it! I love my new nephew!

2 comments:

The Nash's said...

Wow--That is neat that you and your mom got to be there. Tell her Congrats form us!!

Lewis Fam said...

That is awesome I am glad he is doing better!!!